We are looking for an e-learning developer or Instructional Designer with experience of developing e-learning to join our team in Crawley. Primarily using Articulate Storyline, but occasionally other authoring tools such as Adobe Captivate or Camtasia, we want someone to assist with developing e-learning, storyboarding and completing e-learning projects.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a creative environment for a growing company, where you can make the difference. Our e-learning can cover a huge variety of different subjects, so there is always the opportunity to learn something new
As an e-learning developer with us, your role will include:
- Creating engaging concept designs for new e-learning solutions aimed at range of different audiences, ensuring solutions are fully accessible, visually engaging and appropriate to the learner audience.
- Writing comprehensive storyboards which will be used to develop e-learning courses
- Developing e-learning using authoring tools such as Storyline and Captivate.
- Collaborating with client subject matter experts to create effective e-learning solutions.
- Opportunities to create and run your own projects, focusing either on new e-learning subjects, or other areas of learning technologies.
- Reviewing and amending e-learning courses with thorough testing before releasing to clients.
The successful candidate will be flexible and proactive and able to work to deadlines
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Ideally have experience of developing e-learning in some form
- Must be fluent in reading, writing and spoken English
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Will ideally have a natural ability to build customer rapport
- Will ideally have experience at writing e-learning storyboards
- Must have the ability to manage time and workload
- Must have an interest in technology and learning theory
- Have some basic knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Possess the strong analytical skills required to assimilate new information quickly and turn this into readable e-learning
|Desired skills & expertise:
|Required skills & expertise:
|Learning or Technology/IT related degree||Minimum A level or equivalent qualifications|
|Interest in learning about e-learning solutions||Proficient in Microsoft Office|
|Understanding of the psychology behind learning||Excellent client facing and telephone skills|
|Articulate Storyline or Adobe Captivate experience||Excellent standard of writing|
|Learning Management System knowledge||Imaginative and creative approach|
This position would suit recent graduates of Journalism, Creative Writing, Human Resources, English, Design or similar degrees.
If you have good attention to detail, excellent written communication skills and the ability to adapt your writing style to different audiences, coupled with an interest in learning about our industry, we want to hear from you.
You will be paid an annual salary of £17-21,000 depending on experience. We offer 25 days holiday and a pension scheme.
We offer a flexible working environment, with some work from home allowed. We can consider part time and flexible working arrangements.
We are based in Crawley, near Gatwick Airport, on a bus route and have on-site parking facilities. The role can accommodate some working from home, and may involve some travelling to visit clients.
We are the e-learning department of Embridge Consulting (UK) a growing independent business systems consultancy. We offer e-learning development and learning management consultancy to various clients across multiple sectors. We believe that there is no substitute for understanding and uncovering customer needs, and having the experience and ability to deliver robust and suitable learning solutions is embedded within our ethos. Our clients have a variety of e-learning requirements, from soft skills, to compliance matters to learning how to use various software, and our e-learning allows them to train their staff in any of these matters. In addition, we create our own e-learning to offer off-the-shelf solutions for clients.
We strive to improve performance through technology and want someone who has the same values and ethos we have to join our growing team.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV to us either through the website, or via email to email@example.com. Please submit a covering letter to support your application.
Although we are looking to recruit someone with e-learning development experience, if you don’t have this experience but feel you have the skills and attributes required to succeed in this role, please feel free to send your CV along with a tailored covering letter.